Position Title: Program Director
Work Schedule four days 1pm-7pm and one day 2pm-7pm (29 hrs. total) during the school year
Work Schedule varies during the summer (35 hrs. total)
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated Club programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes:
- Establish program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction to develop skills in program areas.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Establish and maintain Club program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members.
- Ensure that staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that Club equipment is well maintained.
- Implement core programs as needed (World of Work Tour, Community Service, Clean Up project).
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensure and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Control Club program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any programs/issues.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
- May oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Youth of the Year and Awards Programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other Club activities as necessary.
- Consult with parents concerning member and Club issues.
Cover letter required with resume. No resumes will be taking without cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.25 /hour
Position Title: Lifeguard/Water Safety Instructor Manager
Enforces rules and regulations and maintain discipline at club swimming pool; rescues swimmers in distress; administers first aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation; instructs or assists in instructing classes in swimming, basic water safety, emergency water safety, and water sports; assists with general maintenance and cleanup activities, including the operation and maintenance of filters and chlorinators; conducts test to determine chlorine and acid levels and checks equipment; officiates at swim and dive meets.
- Plan and assist Healthy Lifestyles Director and Staff with organizing the swimming program
- Organizing and conducting intramural and Club swimming competition
- Help supervise the maintenance of the chemical and physical condition of the pool water and area, in addition to checking the temperature and ventilation.
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Provide guidance and role modeling to all Club Members.
- Stay in the pool at all times when classes and/or Club Members are in aquatic area(s), and must perform proper lifeguard rescue skills and techniques when appropriate.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Promote great leadership skills and the ability to work as a team player
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Lifeguard Certified
- AED Certified
- Background Check + Drug Screen
- Experience in working with children / teens
- Knowledge of youth development.
Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
Position Title: Lifeguard
Statement of Job:
Under the general supervision of the Pool Director, the Lifeguard is responsible for assuring safety of all aquatics program participants. Work ethic must be consistent with the mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater High Point.
- Supervise pool activities that are in progress
- Assure that pool, pool area and locker room cleanliness is maintained in accordance to the pool procedure manual
- Demonstrate proficiency in pool chemical testing and recording findings
- Maintain required records to evaluate, control and measure effectiveness
- Coordinate special projects and events
- Interpret BGCGHP goals, mission and procedures for the community
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training or Lifeguard Certification
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Commitment to eliminating racism and empowering women
- Flexibility and sensitivity with multi-cultural groups and issues affecting women
- Professional image
- Sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking and remains calm in emergencies.
- Current Driver License and reliable transportation
- Ability to relate to all members, participants and volunteers
- Flexibility in schedule
- Auditory ability to respond to critical incidents
- Ability to perform routine first aid tasks
- Ability to observe staff effectiveness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior management techniques
- Physical ability to operate emergency exits and perform emergency procedures
- Ability to participate in activities and help all participants experience success
- Ability to lift 25 pounds