- Under the supervision of the VP of Operations, the Club Director is responsible for the success of the assigned Club including Community Council development, fundraising, community relations, and the oversight of daily operations. Operational leadership includes programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, and membership administration. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater High Point are positioning themselves to be the premier provider of Youth Development Programs in our area through targeted outreach initiatives, strategic partnerships with schools and local governments, and a commitment to ongoing professional development. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate individual to join our team and join us in securing Great Futures for all youth in Guildford County. The job is located in the city of HIGH POINT. Resumes send without cover letter will be rejected.
MEMBERSHIP AND PARTICIPATION MEASURES
- Recruit and maintain Club members ages 6-18. Average daily attendance will be based on members a day with a minimum of 65% of members attending at least once a week, 45% attending twice a week and 35% attending 3 or more times a week.
- Submit to the VP of Operations the monthly program reports, along with all required support documentation.
- By the third week in June, submit all final report cards for referral students and general membership sampling.
- Operate Club unit within the policies, procedures and operational hours established by the Board of Directors.
- Implement the “Clean Team” program and complete all required written daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and cleaning tasks.
- Regularly inspect all Club offices, storage areas, program areas, and outside grounds to be sure they are neat and clean.
- Maintain an accurate and complete inventory of all Club property.
- Develop and enforce policies that prevent the abuse, theft or destruction of Club vehicles, equipment, and facilities.
- Promptly report all equipment and building problems that require repair or replacement.
- Submit all program and Club member forms and documents as deadlines and policies require.
- Insure that all Club field trips are approved by the VP of Operations and support or enhance existing program performance standards.
- Insure that ALL volunteers are processed through the Central Services Office, before they begin providing any services to Club members. Background checks are required on all volunteers.
- Provide direction, discipline, and supervision of all Club unit personnel according to the personnel policies established by the Board of Directors.
- With the Vice President of Operations, complete all steps in the hiring and training process for new Club personnel.
- Review and submit accurate personnel forms and payroll reports, as deadlines and policies require.
- Participate in BGC training’s, workshops and conferences as deemed necessary for professional development.
- Develop and submit performance standards for all Club unit personnel and assist in evaluation of those personnel.
- Collect and deposit ALL Club membership fees and other revenue with the Vice President of Administration for deposit to our account.
- Complete accurate agency reports, records, and documents by set deadlines.
- When required, submit a written story for use in the quarterly newsletter.
- As required, represent the agency as a speaker or information person at various community events.
- Form a parent/community council with at least 8 participants that meet at least twice per quarter and raise at least $500.00 for Club supplies.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and one year of similar experience, or a combination of education and experience managing a multi-faceted program.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Considerable knowledge of the mission, priority outcomes, programs, and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs and the principles and practices of non-profit organizations.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff. Ability to deal effectively with members, including discipline problems.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control, and management.
- Demonstrated ability working with community members, donors, parents, and young people.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Enthusiasm for mission and motivation to learn new skills on the job.
- Must be able to lift and move objects as heavy as 50 lbs.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines and goals.
To apply, please send RESUME, and a COVER LETTER.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- Open position hours are within the ( 2:30pm-7pm ) time frame.
- Promote and Stimulate program participation
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members
- Lead a variety of Club activities and programs
- Supervise field trips and workshops.
- Participate in fun in-service training.
- Participate in special programs and/or events
- Help young people prepare for their futures.
- May be required to drive for Club Activities periodically.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Program Director or Unit Director
- Clean drivers record required.
- The job is located in High Point, NC
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $8.25 /hour
This position is located in ASHEBORO, NC
Work Schedule four days 1pm-7pm and one day 2pm-7pm (29 hrs. total) during the school year
Work Schedule varies during the summer (35 hrs. total)
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated Club programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes:
- Establish program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction to develop skills in program areas.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Establish and maintain Club program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members.
- Ensure that staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that Club equipment is well maintained.
- Implement core programs as needed.
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensure and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Control Club program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any programs/issues.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
- May oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Youth of the Year and Awards Programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other Club activities as necessary.
- Consult with parents concerning member and Club issues.
Cover letter required with resume. No resumes will be taken without cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.25 /hour
Job Type: Part-time
Request candidates to answer the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver’s License?
- Are you in Asheboro, NC?
Required license or certification:
- The position is in High Point, NC
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $8.25 /hour
Intern/Volunteer Development Assistant
- Looking to get oriented with the Development/Fundraising world through hands on involvement with a local non profit with a big name? The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater High Point is looking for a Development Assistant! Primary duties will include assisting the VP of Development with fundraising events/campaigns, working in a donor database to increase communication with donors, and assisting with grant reporting. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of working in a development department, and get oriented to working in a donor database, a transferable and desirable skill. Please send your resume to Cameron Green at Cameron@hpclubs.org Questions please call, 336-882-2582.Hours: Minimum 5 hours per week up to 20 hours per weekSalary: $0.00 /hour – this is an unpaid role