Position Title: Chief Executive Officer
A fulfilling opportunity to lead the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater High Point in High Point, NC is open and we are looking for our next Chief Executive Officer to make a positive impact on kids’ lives. We are looking for candidates that will lead the overall planning and operation of the organization while providing leadership, direction and support to the Board of Directors.
Boys & Girls Clubs mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. You will be responsible for bringing this mission to life in this community, as you work to ensure that the kids and teens in your care achieve great futures by providing a safe and fun space, an engaging Club Experience, and managing caring professionals to guide them along the way.
As a proof point, 54% of Club alumni said the Club saved their life, so the impact you and your team will have on these kids and teen’s lives will be life changing.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Guides, supports and serves the Board of Directors in establishing goals and developing policies, procedures, budgets and programs that fulfill the mission of the Boys & Girls Club.
- Monitors and approves the organization’s program services and assures achievement of its mission and goals.
- Provides leadership to Club staff by developing administrative and operational standards by which goals will be met.
- Assures management and attainment of resources necessary to ensure the financial operations of the agency are conducted in accordance with applicable laws.
- Assures that the organization is in compliance with membership and other requirements or standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and other affiliated and regulatory agencies
- Oversees staffing activities of the organization, including recruiting, training, and evaluation of both paid and volunteer staff.
- Promotes Boys & Girls Club services to individuals, other service organizations, and the local community.
- Directs and participates in public relations and fundraising activities.
- Provides professional leadership to the Board of Directors to assure development of an effective board, including identification, recruitment, training and involvement of members in meeting the goals of the organization.
- May be assigned special projects periodically by the Board of Directors.
- Reports to the Board of Directors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations in a multi-unit organization.
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, delegation.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written; ability to speak effectively and persuasively to groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated competency and ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a Board of Directors, Staff, Community Groups, and other related agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise professionals and other staff/volunteers that may be in distant subunits of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in asset management including financial resources and property and financial statements and processes.
- Demonstrated skills and competency in the following areas preferred: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations and of management; and resource development activities and sources of funding.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Please send resumes to TSchaaf@carolinathomas.com
Position Title: Lifeguard/Water Safety Instructor Manager
Enforces rules and regulations and maintain discipline at club swimming pool; rescues swimmers in distress; administers first aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation; instructs or assists in instructing classes in swimming, basic water safety, emergency water safety, and water sports; assists with general maintenance and cleanup activities, including the operation and maintenance of filters and chlorinators; conducts test to determine chlorine and acid levels and checks equipment; officiates at swim and dive meets.
- Plan and assist Healthy Lifestyles Director and Staff with organizing the swimming program
- Organizing and conducting intramural and Club swimming competition
- Help supervise the maintenance of the chemical and physical condition of the pool water and area, in addition to checking the temperature and ventilation.
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Provide guidance and role modeling to all Club Members.
- Stay in the pool at all times when classes and/or Club Members are in aquatic area(s), and must perform proper lifeguard rescue skills and techniques when appropriate.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Promote great leadership skills and the ability to work as a team player
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Lifeguard Certified
- AED Certified
- Background Check + Drug Screen
- Experience in working with children / teens
- Knowledge of youth development.
Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
Position Title: Lifeguard
Statement of Job:
Under the general supervision of the Pool Director, the Lifeguard is responsible for assuring safety of all aquatics program participants. Work ethic must be consistent with the mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater High Point.
- Supervise pool activities that are in progress
- Assure that pool, pool area and locker room cleanliness is maintained in accordance to the pool procedure manual
- Demonstrate proficiency in pool chemical testing and recording findings
- Maintain required records to evaluate, control and measure effectiveness
- Coordinate special projects and events
- Interpret BGCGHP goals, mission and procedures for the community
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training or Lifeguard Certification
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Commitment to eliminating racism and empowering women
- Flexibility and sensitivity with multi-cultural groups and issues affecting women
- Professional image
- Sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking and remains calm in emergencies.
- Current Driver License and reliable transportation
- Ability to relate to all members, participants and volunteers
- Flexibility in schedule
- Auditory ability to respond to critical incidents
- Ability to perform routine first aid tasks
- Ability to observe staff effectiveness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior management techniques
- Physical ability to operate emergency exits and perform emergency procedures
- Ability to participate in activities and help all participants experience success
- Ability to lift 25 pounds