Position Title: Lifeguard/Water Safety Instructor Manager
Enforces rules and regulations and maintain discipline at club swimming pool; rescues swimmers in distress; administers first aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation; instructs or assists in instructing classes in swimming, basic water safety, emergency water safety, and water sports; assists with general maintenance and cleanup activities, including the operation and maintenance of filters and chlorinators; conducts test to determine chlorine and acid levels and checks equipment; officiates at swim and dive meets.
- Plan and assist Healthy Lifestyles Director and Staff with organizing the swimming program
- Organizing and conducting intramural and Club swimming competition
- Help supervise the maintenance of the chemical and physical condition of the pool water and area, in addition to checking the temperature and ventilation.
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Provide guidance and role modeling to all Club Members.
- Stay in the pool at all times when classes and/or Club Members are in aquatic area(s), and must perform proper lifeguard rescue skills and techniques when appropriate.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Promote great leadership skills and the ability to work as a team player
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Lifeguard Certified
- AED Certified
- Background Check + Drug Screen
- Experience in working with children / teens
- Knowledge of youth development.
Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
Position Title: Lifeguard
Statement of Job:
Under the general supervision of the Pool Director, the Lifeguard is responsible for assuring safety of all aquatics program participants. Work ethic must be consistent with the mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater High Point.
- Supervise pool activities that are in progress
- Assure that pool, pool area and locker room cleanliness is maintained in accordance to the pool procedure manual
- Demonstrate proficiency in pool chemical testing and recording findings
- Maintain required records to evaluate, control and measure effectiveness
- Coordinate special projects and events
- Interpret BGCGHP goals, mission and procedures for the community
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training or Lifeguard Certification
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Commitment to eliminating racism and empowering women
- Flexibility and sensitivity with multi-cultural groups and issues affecting women
- Professional image
- Sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking and remains calm in emergencies.
- Current Driver License and reliable transportation
- Ability to relate to all members, participants and volunteers
- Flexibility in schedule
- Auditory ability to respond to critical incidents
- Ability to perform routine first aid tasks
- Ability to observe staff effectiveness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior management techniques
- Physical ability to operate emergency exits and perform emergency procedures
- Ability to participate in activities and help all participants experience success
- Ability to lift 25 pounds